Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages: 374
Publisher: Scholastic
Released: Sep 1, 2009
Rating 5/5 stars

About
In the not to distant future North America has split into twelve different districts in a country now known as Panam. In Panam there is the annual Hunger Games. A competition where two young people from each district fight to the death in a arena to become Victors. Sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen never wanted to be in these games. But she soon finds her self a contestant when volunteers to take her little sister's, Primrose, place in the games. Now Katniss must fight to the death to win the games and come back home to district twelve.

Thoughts
So I'm not going to get into much detail on this book as to most of you guys have either read the book already or have seen the movie (as I have) by now. So I will just tell you my thoughts on this book. As most of you I loved this book to the max. I was blown away by this story and Katniss and Peeta. Ah, I just loved it. And the funny thing is that I actually hated this book at first. I stopped at chapter ten when I first rad it because I got bored. But a friend of mine encouraged me to finish it and I am so glad that I did.

So lets talk plot. I have been told many times that this book is exactly like another book called Battle Royal. I have not read that book, but I defiantly have to get my hands on it to see if there are similarities. So I can't really say if the plot is original or not.

I loved the characters a whole lot. I loved how Katniss was just so brave and was willing to do whatever it takes to support her family and win the Games. I also loved Peeta he was just amazing. And I really loved how loyal he is to Katniss in the Games. He continues to help her as much as he can even though he know that at the end one of them has to die. Prim was just really sweet. Gale was ok in this book. You don't really get as much of him in this book. He comes in for a couple of chapters and then he isn't there anymore since he is back in District 12. So I can't say much of him in this book. And Prim. Just the sweetest thing ever and the ideal little sister. She's great.

Well that's all for me. Hope you all liked my review of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I will be doing a movie review as well. This will be my first movie review on this blog so I hope you all like it.

Happy Reading!


Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/thatgirljasi
Emal: jasminemrls@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment