Sunday, March 25, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

Staring: Jennifer Lawrence
            Josh Hutcherson
            Liam Hemsworth
Director: Gary Ross
Author: Suzanne Collins
Released: March 23, 2012
Rating: 5/5 stars

About
In the not to distant future North America is now a nation known as Panem. In Panem there is a shining Capitol that is surrounded by twelve districts. The Capitol run the district by forcing each district to send in one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to compete in the annual Hunger Games. Where they must fight to the death. Sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen had no intentions in competing in the games. But now she is forced to when her twelve year old sister, Primrose, is chosen to compete. And just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, she finds out who she must go against in her district.

My Reaction
Oh man, this movie was fantastic. I was really scared that they were going to change a lot of things in this movie and it was going to be terrible. But it wasn't bad at all. They did do some changes but it wasn't so bad. I thought it was done in a excellent way.

Actors
So let talk about Katniss, Gale, and Peeta. The actors in this movie were great as well. I really loved Jennifer Lawrence performence as Katniss Everdeen. She was great and she really did look like Katniss Everdeen. It was a pretty close resemblances to the one that I had pictured in my head. I had only seen one movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it, and that was X-Men First Class. I thought she was good in that movie so I knew that she would be great as Katniss.

Josh Hutcherson, to my surprise, was a really good Peeta Mallark. Before I saw the movie I still had the image of Josh Hutcherson from back when he was in Zathura. So I was skeptical about him being chosen as Peeta. But I was wrong. Again. He was, in my opinion, the best choice for Peeta. He was so good as Peeta and I was really glad that they choose him.

I had no idea who Liam Hemsworth was. I had never heard of him before in my life so I wasn't really sure what to think of him. But a friend of mine told me that he was in this movie called The Last Song. So I watched it and I still didn't really know what to say about him. So he was the only one that I didn't have an opinion about before I saw the movie. But he was decent Gale. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either. He was ok. I don't really know what to say about him.  But in his defence he was 't in this movie a lot. So hopefully y I will have a better judgement of him when Catching Fire is released (which I have been told that it will be released in November of 2013!).

Favorite Scenes
My two favorite scene was the Cave scene and the Trackerjacker scene. The cave scene was a cute as it could be, but not cheesy which I really appreciated. And the trackerjacker scene was great, my only disappointment was that it was gory enough. I really wanted to see more blood. But not just in that scene but in the whole movie. I was expecting to see more blood but there wasn't as much. Which made me kind of sad. But that's PG-13 for you. I also really like how they made Katniss and Peeta look when they were in the tribute parade. I loved how it looked with them on fire. I seriously thought that they were going to make it look cheap and bad.
 
Well that's all for this movie review. I'm sorry if this isn't a very good review. I'm trying not to give to much away for those of you who haven't read the book or seen the movie yet. And please note that this is my first movie review. But I will be doing more so hopefully I will be getting better. Hopefully.
Thank you for reading this review


Happy Watching


Follow me on Twitter  twitter.com/thatgirljasi 
Email: jasminemrls@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment