Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hush, Hush (Some Spoilers)

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 391
Released:2009
Grade: C-

Hush Hush is about a girl named Nora Grey, a sophmore living in Maine. Nora is still coping with the death of her father who died a year earlier. One day in Biology class, her teacher decides to changes partner of each student for a semester. Nora isn't so pleased with this because she wants to stay partners with her best friend Vee. But Nora instead gets partnered up with Patch. Nora dosen't know much about Patch. Just that he's a transfered student who keeps to himself. But as they continue to work together Nora starts to not trust Patch more and more. Where ever Nora is Patch is suddenly there. What ever Nora is about to say, Patch is already saying it. Nora suddenlly dosen't feel safe anywhere. And she can't shake the feeling that she is always being watched by someone. As Patch and Nora grow closer to each other. Nora finds out a deep dark secret of Patch's past.

Ugh. I find this book to be such a dissapointment to me.
I was very exited to finally get my hands on this book. I have been waiting so long to read it and I just wanted to dive into it. With all the hype the book was getting I was sure I was going to loved it. And then I finished it. And I didn't really like it. At all.
The plot was such a great idea. I was really exited to read a book about fallen angels. I've never read one before so I thought this was a good way to start. At the begining I was liking it. But I think once Patch came in I was slowly disliking it after that. I get that Patch was suppose to be dark, and mysterious, and super sexy. But to me he was just a creeper. I really didn't like him. Iwas pretty creep out. And it didn't help when Jules and Elliot came into the picture. I mean I already guessed that Elliot was bad. It was pretty predictable to me.
I must say that the one thing that I did like about this book as Vee. Vee is Nora's best friend. And I loved that she was a pretty major character in this book. She wasn't in the background at all in this book, a lot of the stuff in this book wouldnt have happened if it weren't for Vee. She was super funny especially when she went all Super spy when they were trying to figure out information about Patch

Hush Hush was not a good book in my opinion. I think it could have been so much better. Read at your own risk. I give this book a C-
For fans of Twilight and Fallen

Well that's all for this review. Look out for my review on Hex Hall and Willow coming very soon.

Happy Reading
Lisse

Got any requests or suggestions? Email me: moraleslisse@gmail.com
Follow me on twitter @lissemorales


2 comments:

  1. Lisse, I'm stopping by from Book Blogs. You're breaking my heart because I love this series. Crescendo is a lot better than Hush, Hush. I admit it took me a little bit to get into Hush, Hush, though I did like it in the end. Crescendo is worth your time if you want to stick it out for another try.

    Can't wait to see what you thought of Hex Hall. That was another one I really liked.

    If you get a moment, I'd love for you to check out my blog. http://kellyhashway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisse, I've read some pretty nasty reviews about this series so I guess it's not a surprise that you didn't like it. I've yet to read it myself but after reading so many disappointed and awful reviews about it I think I am staying away from it for good.

    BTW, I like how you review books. Short but straight to the point. It's really very easy to read, too. I am a new follower! Keep blogging :)

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books
    http://smittenoverbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete