Friday, December 9, 2011

Hex Hall

Title: Hex Hall
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Pages: 336
Released: March 2, 2010
Grade: A+

Sophie Mercer is you average everyday teenager girl. Well, except for the fact that she's a witch.  And when she's tries to help one of her classmates at a school dance by doing magic, she accedently exposes herself and gets a one way ticket to Hecate Hall. A reform school for magical delinquet teenagers. This is the last place Sophie wants to be. But her mother insists that she goes. So Sophie tries to make the best of it. But her first day dosen't go as good as she planned. After almost being killed by a werewolf, getting three powerful witches as enemies, and getting a roomate who is the most hated person in the school and who is the only vampire at the school. Sophie dosen't think that her first year at Hecate Hall can get anymore dramatic.But she's wrong. A dark creature is lurking around the school harming the other students. And her roomate is the prime suspect As Sophie tries to solve this mystery on who is harming all the students, Sophie finds out a deep dark secret about her family's past.

This book was so good. I stumbled upon this book one day when I was at the library. I never heard of this book before but it sounded really good. So I decided to give it a try. I could not put it down. I finished this book in less than a day. I loved the plot, i loved the character, i loved everything about this book. But I will have to admit. The main character Sophie did annoy me at time. I don't know why. There were just times where she would make these stupid choices that just made me want to crawl in the book and punch her in the face.  But besides that it was an excellent book. I give this book a solid A+

For fans of Harry Potter and The house of Night Series

Well that's all for this review. Keep a look out for my review on Willow, Marked, Just Listen, and Demonglass, the sequel to Hex Hall!

Got a request or suggestion? Email me at moraleslisse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment