Thursday, December 8, 2011

City Of Bones

Title: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 485
Released: March 27, 2007
Grade A+

This book has been on my to be read pile for a long time now. I keep telling myself that I will get around to it but I never do. But I finally have and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot.

In this book we follow Clary Fray, a sixteen year old girl who lives in New York City with her mother Jocelyn who's an aritist. One night Clary and her best friend Simon go to a night club called Pandemonium. Clary dosen't think anything special will really happen since they go to this club a lot. But while she's at the club she encounters three teensagers with these odd markings on their skin. This is her first encounter with the Shadowhunters. Demon slaying warriors who are invisible to humans. Isabelle,the only girl in the group. Alec, Isabelle's brother who is also the smart and caution one in the group. And Jace, the brave leader of the group who can also be quite obnoxious.  But why can Clary see them? Thats the question that everyone wants to know. How did she get The Sight to automatically see the downworlders. Not only the shadowhunters, but demons, fairys,and other magical creatures. And how is her mom wrap up in this when she gets kidnapped by demons. Clary finds out secrets about her family that she never knew could be possible.

I loved this book so much. It had everything you could ever want in a book. Action, humor, forbiddion love, magic, and so much more. The characters were amazing. I loved Alec, he is just so great and he is always the one who tries to keep Jace in line. And of coarse there's Mangus Bane who is so amazing there aren't words. I loved the plot and the suspense. I also loved the little Star Wars like twist at the end. I won't say what it is but if you have read it than you know what i'm talking about. I can not wait to read City Of Ashes which is book 2. I'm trying to catch up before City of Lost Souls comes out in May.

Well that all for this review. Look out for my review on Hex Hall, Willow, and Along for the Ride coming very soon.

Happy Reading
Lisse :)




No comments:

Post a Comment