Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Pages: 372
Released: December 2, 2010
Publisher: Penguins SPEAK
Grade: A-

Sympnosis

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her co-worker at the movie theater who is just starting to return the affection. So she is not too pleased when her father decides to send away to boarding school in Paris for her senior year. But despite not speaking a word of french, Anna meets some cool new friends, including the handsome Etienne St.Clair who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately he's taken and Anna might be too. Will a year of Romantic near misses end with the french kiss she's been waiting for?

My Reaction

I'm not going to lie, when I first saw this book a year ago I though it looked terrible. But when I kept hearing everyone around me talking about how fantastic this books was I got curious and decided to give it a try. This book was very good. It was cute but not to the point that I wanted to puke. The one thing that I loved in this book and that I was surprised of was the humor. Stephanie Perkins has this witty sense of humor that is fantastic. Like there's a part when we are introduced to Anna's father for the first time. He's an author who writes these cheesy romantic books set in the south. And his characters are always catching these life threatening diseases and dies. And my first thought was Nicholas Sparks. So I thought that was very funny that she made some jokes here and there. And what I loved about this book is that we see their relationship blossom in the coarse of a year. It's not just cheesy love at first sight love. They date other people as they are both friends. Which I thought was great and refreshing.

The Characters in this book were great. I loved St. Clair. He's a American guy with a french name who has a British accent. He's very witty and loyal and funny. He was just an amazing character. I was also a big fan of Meredeth. She befriends Anna on her first day at Paris and she is always there for her.

Now the reason that I gave this book a A- was because even though I really enjoyed this book there was one thing that annoyed me so much. I hated that everytime Anna saw St.Clair she was "oh I love him", "oh I need him", "Oh I love his face" It got really annoying. But I'm talking like every time she saw him. But I still loved this book.

Stephanie Perkins just might be one of my new favorite authors. I can't wait to get my hands on Lola and the Boy Next Door.

I hope you all have a fantastic day and read lots of books

DFTBA
~~ LISSE!

Have and requests or suggestions? Email me at moraleslisse@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I didn't think much when I first saw this book, but it's been getting great reviews, so I think I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete